Papoose Wool Care Instructions
Papoose Felt is made from pure 100% wool and therefore cleaned similarly to wool.
For liquid spills:
Wool is naturally water repellent and if spills are dealt with immediately the wool won’t absorb much liquid. Dab liquid up with damp cloth, repeat with clean damp cloth, let article dry.
For dust and other dirt:
Due to the scales of the wool structure dust is trapped in the outer layers of the wool and can therefore easily be cleaned.
- If the article is large and flat it can be vacuumed.
- If the article is smaller and soiled gently hand wash it in lukewarm water using wool soap. Dry away from direct sunlight. Do not agitate the article too much during washing as it will promote further felting.
Stuffed toys will take a longer time to dry so make sure the items are fully dry before using them again. It is advised that they be surface cleaned rather than immersed completely in water.
DO NOT soak, machine wash or put anything in the drier. This will further felt the article and it will shrink and distort the item.
Some wool facts:
- Wools is natural and renewable as it grows on sheep.
- Wool is flame retardant up to 600 degrees C.
- Wool is biodegradable and can be used as fertilizer due to its high nitrogen content.
- Wool is non-allergenic and does not promote the growth of bacteria.